PERSONAL SAFETY / OFFICE SECURITY TIPS
It is recommended that each tenant develop their own office security guidelines; however, a few general personal safety and/or office security tips are listed below for your convenience:
- Be alert. Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Always report any suspicious person(s) and/or activity to the Management Office and the Chicago Police Department.
- Do not get on an elevator if you sense something is not right or if you feel uncomfortable. Do not allow others to follow you (piggy-back) onto an elevator or into a secured area to avoid using their security access card.
- If you enter a public corridor or stairwell and encounter someone who looks suspicious, take the first exit or enter the first office you can.
- During normal business hours, offices, desks and entrance areas should not be left unattended. If unattended, the office, desk, etc. should be secured. Employees are urged to lock up and/or take valuables such as purses with them when they leave their workstation.
- Keep an inventory of all office equipment including serial numbers.
- Limit personnel access to secured locations.
REPORTING OF SECURITY PROBLEMS AND/OR THEFTS
Any suspected theft, no matter how small, should be reported to the Management Office immediately. The tenant should file a report with the Chicago Police Department. The building does not carry insurance to cover tenants' personal belongings or furnishings, therefore tenants are urged to provide their own personal property insurance in limits that they deem appropriate.